Looe Key Snorkel
When the conditions are right; light breeze and good visibility, the reef is the place to be. Looe Key is a local pride and joy – most impressive snorkel spot on the only barrier reef in the continental United States. It is an underwater marine sanctuary four miles out to sea that boasts a wide array of coral and colors.
Snorkel Looe Key with Captain B
Looe Key Marine Sanctuary is part of the Great Florida Reef Tract, the only coral reef in the continental USA, and the third largest barrier reef system after the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, and the Mesoamerican Reef that touches coasts of Mexico, Belize, Guatemala and Honduras.
Your captain will snorkel along with you assuring your safety–though there is nothing to worry about. All of our tours are: fair weather, in calm conditions, and friendly marine life. The captain will lead the way through this groove and spur seascape to reveal barracuda, rays, parrotfish, and blue tang to name a few. Looe Key also has several residential goliath grouper, 200 to 600 pound fish that are as passive as they are impressive. Looe Key promises to be an experience of a lifetime.
|Base Rate||$400||Price for 1-4 people for 3 hours|
|Extra Person||+$50||Per person (6 people max)|
|Extra Time||+$75||Per hour|
|Wetsuit Rental||+$10||Per person|
- Captain B will take you to snorkel Looe Key Marine Sanctuary. You will see lots of tropical fish: sergeant majors, blue tang, damselfish, angelfish, parrotfish, yellowtail snappers, barracuda, and maybe a shark or goliath grouper. Rays, eels and turtles too. Coral you will see are brain coral, elkhorn coral, fire coral, tons of fans, sea rods, soft corals and finger sponge.
- Snorkel Gear - mask, snorkel, fins
- Water & Gatorade
- Swimming Noodles
- Life Jacket
- Lunch and snacks
- Wetsuit or rashguard (shorty rentals available $10 per)
Things you might want to bring along
Snorkel gear if you have it. Sunscreen (reef safe), bathing suit, towel, rash guard shirt, Long sleeve sun shirt, hat, neck gaiter, sunglasses, wind breaker, bandana, camera, personal water bottle and snacks / lunch.
- A signed release waiver, and cash or credit card payment is required prior to boarding.
- COVID-19: Facial coverings are mandatory in the Florida Keys – Please wear a face mask/neck gaiter inside our shop and at the marina.
- If prone to seasickness, we recommend that you take Dramamine (or other) as directed.
- We want you to drink plenty of water, have something to eat, and use sunscreen liberally.
- We have a 48-hour cancellation policy, and the Captain reserves the right to cancel any trip due to weather and/or any other circumstances.
Blue Star Operator
Blue Star is a program established by Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary recognizing tour operators who are committed to promoting responsible and sustainable diving, snorkeling, and fishing practices to reduce the impact of these activities on ecosystems in the Florida Keys. Blue Star operators take the extra step to educate you to be better environmental stewards and to interact responsibly with natural resources in the Keys.