Ceremonies at Sea
Ceremonies At Sea is just that, a way for anyone and everyone to celebrate a bond, or a life. Captain Brian is ordained and can officiate weddings and memorials alike. Keys Boat Tours provides the charter, and can even provide an island for the occasion.
Ceremonies at Sea
Design your own tour for your special day the water. Whether it is a memorial, proposal, anniversary, birthday, small gathering, or any other. We want to be a part of your special Keys experience, and hopefully–a highlight. We can accommodate up to six people on our 23′ motor boat, or up to ten people on 2 boats.
|Base Rate||$350||Price for 1-6 people for 2 hours|
|Extra Boat||+$350||Per person (12 people max)|
* Prices may vary per event. This is a base rate, to give you an idea. Call or email for a quote based on your specific event.
- Most of the memorials we do take place at the reef, and Looe Key, or in the back country off the Content Keys. It is often based on the wishes of the departed to their family, or where they spent much of their time, and loved - and told their family as much. I am always amazed by the strength of those who are sending a loved one off. They are more often celebrating a life, rather than grieving a loss. It is both, of course, but it is always beautiful, and inspiring. Captain and Minister Brian will discuss with the family the type of send off they wish to have. It can be a simple good-bye, or one with readings and the like. You might be content with placing your loved one where they once loved to spend time. You might wish to place s/he in a salt urn or more. The after event is often one of celebration - where the family enjoys a bit of time in the beautiful FL Keys. It might include a swim, snorkel, drinks, and music too. Or, not. The memorial is priced according to the extent with which you wish to spend; 2 hr - 6 hr., salt urn, size of charter party, photos, number of boats, requests, etc. The price ranges from $500 to $2500+, but still very affordable compared to the crazy costs of send-offs these days. We hope to offer comfort here too.
- Congratulations. It is my honor to officiate your wedding - if you choose me. Down here in the Keys, wedding celebrations run the gambit; from, Do You love her, Do you love him, I now pronounce your husband and wife. Here’s a six pack to. … We are gathered here together in this FL Keys temple of holy matrimony. Let me tell you a story about the couple I am about to wed… It can be simple and small on a boat or an island, or larger, even extravagant, under a tent, with live music, and catering. So it is difficult to put a number on our wedding fee except to say that, it could be as little as $350 and as much as $3500+. But Captain / Minster Brian promise to make it a day to remember. You might even wish to camp out on a island - but due to Covid, bring your own gear. Or, stay in a snazzy, or not so snazzy place, where we take care of the booking. Of course with all weddings, party count, island, on-shore rentals, live music, catering, after party - all dictates the fee. But, no matter, our goal is to deliver a day to remember for all time - and then some.
- Snorkel Gear - mask, snorkel, fins
- Fishing Gear
Things you might want to bring along
Depending on the event / ceremony items to bring along will vary. Sunscreen (reef safe), bathing suit, towel, rash guard shirt, long sleeve sun shirt, hat, neck gaiter, sunglasses, wind breaker, bandana, camera, personal water bottle and snacks / lunch.
- A signed release waiver, and cash or credit card payment is required prior to boarding.
- COVID-19: Facial coverings are mandatory in the Florida Keys – Please wear a face mask/neck gaiter inside our shop and at the marina.
- If prone to seasickness, we recommend that you take Dramamine (or other) the night before.
- We want you to drink plenty of water, have something to eat, and use sunscreen liberally.
- We have a 48-hour cancellation policy, and the Captain reserves the right to cancel any trip due to weather and/or any other circumstances.