Day on the Water
Eco • Paddle • Snorkel • Beach • Lunch: it’s up to you. The backcountry of the FL Keys is a very special place to explore. Located on the Gulf side, we'll cruise the backcountry to the Content Keys, walk the flats, paddleboard, see the birdlife. Our specialty is families and kids. A fun day on the water!
Backcountry Tour / Day On The Water
The backcountry of the FL Keys is a very special place to explore. Mangrove islands dot the skinny water of the backcountry (Gulf side of the Florida Keys). We’ll cruise to the Content Keys, walk the flats, paddleboard, snorkel, see birdlife. Add basic fishing + $100. Add an hour + $75.
Another shorter and less expensive motor / paddle option is our 2-1/2 hour $325 (up to 3 paddlers) mangrove cave crawl; motor to a mangrove island, then find your inner monkey and swing from mangrove limb to limb as we discover the inner reaches of No Name Key.
|Base Rate||$600||Price for 1-4 people for 4 hours|
|Base Rate||$700||Price for 1-4 people for 5 hours|
|Extra Person||+$50||Per person (6 people max)|
|Extra Time||+$75||Per hour|
- Scenic Tour
- Take a ride into the backcountry, explore the mangroves, see the birdlife, see a dolphin or maybe a turtle. Have a picnic lunch on the water.
- If you want to add a little fishing to your tour, Captain Brian will take you inshore by the bridges or to a backcountry hole. Rods, bait and tackle are provided. You are likely to catch mangrove snappers, yellowtail, grouper, yellow jack and jack crevalles. A FL fishing license is provided with the tour.
- Water & Gatorade
- Snorkel Gear - mask, snorkel, fins
- Fishing Gear (if adding fishing to tour)
- FL Fishing License (if adding fishing to tour)
- Life Jacket
- Lunch or snacks
Things you might want to bring along
Sunscreen (reef safe), bathing suit, towel, Long sleeve sun shirt, hat, neck gaiter, sunglasses, wind breaker, bandana, camera, personal water bottle and snacks / lunch.
- A signed release waiver, and cash or credit card payment is required prior to boarding.
- Health: if you have any cold, flu or other worrisome symptoms, we ask that you please skip the outing. And please inform us of any medical conditions that you might have: diabetes, epilepsy, allergies, etc. We respect your privacy, but we need to know.
- Please let us know about your swimming ability / you must know how to swim in order to snorkel. We can provide snorkel vests and swimming noodles. We will need all shoe sizes for fins (US or EU). You must wear fins while snorkeling.
- If you snorkel or swim, you must be able to climb up a 4-step ladder to get back into the boat. Otherwise, we advise that you do not go in.
- If prone to seasickness, we recommend that you take Dramamine (or other) as directed.
- We want you to drink plenty of water, have something to eat, and use sunscreen liberally
- We have a 48-hour cancellation policy, and the Captain reserves the right to cancel any trip due to weather and/or any other circumstances.
Blue Star Operator
Blue Star is a program established by Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary recognizing tour operators who are committed to promoting responsible and sustainable diving, snorkeling, and fishing practices to reduce the impact of these activities on ecosystems in the Florida Keys. Blue Star operators take the extra step to educate you to be better environmental stewards and to interact responsibly with natural resources in the Keys. Click here to learn more about the Blue Star program and to watch a short video about the Florida Keys Marine Sanctuary.