Hands-On Sailboat Lesson
This is the only sailing lesson outside of Key West. You raise sails, take the helm, switch the lee boards, tack, jibe, and ...learn to sail. I often hear people say "I always wanted to learn how to sail". Pair it with a stay at Parmer's Resort. One lesson is $325. Three lessons, just $750.
100% Hands-On Sailing Lesson
We are the only sailing school outside of Key West. Three hours is the perfect amount of time for a sailing lesson. You leave with a booklet, so to better understand wind direction and points of sail. The rest is hands on; you raise sails, take the helm, switch the lee boards, tack, jibe, and … learn to sail. This lesson makes a great gift. We also offer sailing tours and expeditions a la Outward Bound. Gift certificates available.
|Lesson Rate||$325||Price for 1-2 people person for 3 hours|
|Extra Time||+$75||Per hour|
- Sailing Cruise
- We will hoist the sail and go on our way. Fishing, snorkeling, swimming are all on the table. Whatever you want to do!
- Sailing Lessons
- Here we learn how to understand the wind, and how to use it. We have diagrams for you for wind direction and points of sail. In this 3 hour class, you will learn all there is about; motoring into the wind, anchoring, raising the sail, steering, tacking, and basic navigation. The more adventurous student might want to take the overnight or multi-night sailing expedition. You will depart a novice, and return a seasoned sailor. Our sailboat, Freedom, is a 2003 21' Nimble Bay Hen gaff rigged cat boat with a Yamaha 4hp four stroke outboard.
- Life Jacket
- Lunch and snacks
- Wetsuit or rashguard
Things you might want to bring along
Sunglasses, towel, hat, sunscreen, water bottle, wet shoes, neck bib, long sleeve shirt, wind breaker, bandana, wet bag, binoculars, camera, snacks.
- A signed release waiver, and cash or credit payment, is required prior to boarding.
- If prone to seasickness, we recommend that you take Dramamine (or other) the night before.
- We want you to drink plenty of water, have something to eat, and use sunscreen liberally.